A family member of mine has been posting on facebook what she is thankful for every day since November 1. Taking note from her, I will from this day forward do the same, until the end of the month. So, since it has been 14 days, here are 14 things that I am thankful for:
14. Major League Baseball. I bleed orange and black.
13. Ikea!!!!!! Bringing me closer to my roots, hehehe.
12. Cherry Carmex.
11. Reading Rainbow. Because of you and my sister, I never leave home without a good book.
10. The Muni bus drivers. Keeping me safe from sleeping passengers and moth balls.
9. Gabrielle Reece. She’s my idol.
8. The Television industry. Keeping my nightly calendar full 🙂
7. Pepperidge Farms…Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, little fishies into my mouth!
6. Rain. Too many dry, sunny days make Adrienne a dull girl.
5. The sun, the moon, the stars…From them, art, music and life is born.
4. My nieces and nephews…I can’t image a life without your smiles and your giggles!
3. My boyfriend. You are my heart and soul.
2. My best friends. Without you, I would not know warmth.
1. My family. Without them, I am alone.
Or Maybe they’re just taking it slow…
My sister took this photo at the family house up in Mendocino this weekend – I totally missed out!! Trips up the Mendocino are always the best. Surrounded by beauty, away from sirens, stupid drivers, phones ringing, and neighbors screaming. There USED to be a gorgeous view of the Pacific, but SOMEONE decided to build a house there. The silence at night is deafening, but it’s what I crave when I’m in the city or in suburbia. Creepiness factor: the pitch black night staring at me through the windows of whatever bedroom I sleep in and reminds of that movie with Liv Tyler…The Strangers. You know the one, with the group of psychos that kills for fun. OK, so I have not watched it, but still it’s scary! Imagine being in the middle of a forest and anxiety is like a flurry when all you can think about is “When will I see a face in the window?” Haha, yes my imagination runs wild. It happens when you’re surrounded by beauty. You just can’t NOT think about fun and crazy things.
Taco Bell in Suburbia…One man trying to “shoo” a pelican off the roof of his car…No such luck until he drove off about a quarter of a mile and the pelican got bored. Yay for Mother Nature – the best entertainment EVER.
These were some of the flowers we got to remember our dear Jane. These could never compare to the beauty she was, but they make me smile whenever I look at this photo, just as she did whenever I saw her.