“Dorchester is for reeeeal hipsters. you’ve got to be real hipster to be too hip for the hipster neighborhoods which are allston – college hipsters, jp – granola, hippie hipsters, cambridge – yuppie hipsters, and somerville – all other hipsters”
(explains my anonymous Mass-hole regarding where all of the hipsters of the suburban Boston area reside)
Reading this month’s Glamour and at the end of the magazine, I come across 12 Things Every Woman Deserves in Life…Totally makes me smile, and I think that every female needs to remember these little tidbits when they are feeling a little bit down.
(list by Kimberly Bonnell & Pamela Redmond Satran)
1) A statement bag, even if the statement is “Who cares about statement bags?”
2) A Teen Mom marathon the day you’re home with a fever.
3) At least one person you can call at 3:28 AM.
I’m sure there a few people who will let that slide, but will my call actually wake them up?
4) More than one square foot of space on any form of public transportation.
5) Love you can feel, even from 1,000 miles away.
This I sometimes take advantage of, but I am so grateful for my family, friends and boyfriend. They ALWAYS love me. Even when they hate me 🙂
6) A few days a year filled with flip-flops, tropical sunsets and the sound of steel drums.
I dream of having this 365 days a year!
7) Fresh flowers once a week. Self-picked dandelions count.
My old roommate and I used to do this. I miss it.
8) The shinier hair, thicker lashes or plumper lips you just shelled out $12.99 for.
9) Orgasms on demand, sans or avec partner.
10) A say in whether and when you become a mother.
11) One pet (yours or someone else’s) sho has a special thing for your lap.
I can’t wait for the day I can have a puppy or kittens!!!!
12) A truly excellent profile picture.
ALL of my profile photos are excellent!
To donate $10.00 to help Japan, text 90999.
OR, call 1-800-REDCROSS